Standard Desktop Font Licence from Scrowleyfonts
“Scrowleyfonts” is the trading name of Tanya Davis.
By downloading, installing and using a font from Scrowleyfonts or a Scrowleyfonts authorised distributor you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the following agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you may not download, install or use a font from Scrowleyfonts or a Scrowleyfonts authorised distributor.
1. Permitted Uses
- You may install and use the font on up to 5 workstations in one location. Portable workstations may be included within the maximum of 5 as long as these workstations are owned by yourself, your employees or family members and are used solely for your personal or business purposes.
- If you wish to install and use a Scrowleyfonts font on more than 5 workstations additional licences can be purchased at 20% of the original purchase price for each workstation.
- You can use a purchased Scrowleyfonts font to create digital images for use on websites including flash files, other animations or still images.
- You can use a purchased Scrowleyfonts font to create logos, images and artwork for printing on any goods which you are selling or to provide artwork to other companies for use on their products provided that other companies do not have access to the original font files.
- You may provide a copy of a purchased Scrowleyfonts font to a printing or graphic design company for use in creating products for your company as long as they agree to use the font file solely for the purpose of completing your work and they also agree to delete or destroy any copies of the file on completion of your work.
- You may print as many copies as you wish to of images containing a purchased Scrowleyfonts font.
- You may use a purchased Scrowleyfonts font in artwork or text for films or television campaigns.
2. Prohibited Uses
- You may not embed a purchased Scrowleyfonts font in any document.
- You may not adapt or modify a Scrowleyfonts font to create a derivative font.
- You may not email a Scrowleyfonts font to another person except in ways covered in part 1 of this document.
- You may not make a Scrowleyfonts font available for download on the internet or on file sharing networks.
- You may not transfer, give away or sell a Scrowleyfonts font to anyone else except in ways covered in part 1 of this document.
- Scrowleyfonts retains ownership and title of all Scrowleyfonts fonts and any copies made of them. In purchasing a font from Scrowleyfonts you are purchasing a licence to use the font, you have no intellectual rights to the font itself.
- You agree to acknowledge that the copyright and trademark of all Scrowleyfonts fonts are owned by Scrowleyfonts.
- Scrowleyfonts warrants that the fonts will be supplied free from material defects and will perform substantially in accordance with its description. Scrowleyfonts makes no warranties expressed or implied as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise. Scrowleyfonts does not warrant the performance or results you get from using the software. If the font does not perform substantially in accordance with its description the entire, exclusive and cumulative liability and remedy shall be limited to replacement of the font file.
5. Limit of liability:
- In no event will Scrowleyfonts be liable to you for any consequential or incidental damages, including any lost revenue, profits, goodwill or savings, or for any claim by any third party.
- This licence is effective until terminated or updated. Scrowleyfonts has the right to terminate this licence immediately if you fail to comply with any term of this agreement. You agree to destroy all copies of the licensed font within 7 days of notice of termination.
7. Other Conditions
- You agree to inform anyone who has access to a Scrowleyfonts font about the content of this licence agreement and to make sure that they comply with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- This licence agreement shall be construed, governed and enforced by the Laws of England. The place of jurisdiction will be England and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for dealing with any matter arising hereunder. This agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
Scrowleyfonts may be contacted as follows: